Upcoming Programs and Classes
Upcoming Programs and Classes
- February 7, 2018: Upper Township Middle School,
New Jersey School of Conservation @ Stokes State Forrest
- February 10, 2018: River Vale Public Library, Bergen County, NJ:
Chemical Wizardry 3:00-4:30 p.m. Free Program, Register: (201) 391-2121
- February 21, 2018: Croton-On-Hudson Recreation, Croton-On-Hudson, NY:
Robotic Fun 9:00-2:30 p.m. Register (914) 271-3006
Have fun building and creating using your imagination. Campers will construct a wide range of robot projects throughout the week. Projects will include contructing a Battle-Bot from our huge Robotix modular collection, participating in our robot tug-o’ war, Olympic competition, soccer match, and more. Campers will learn engineering principles in a fun, hands-on atmosphere. (This camp focuses on building modular robots from your imagination. Coding is not a focus in this class). All students will take home a Hexbug robot as part of this camp. Ages 6-12
- February 24 & March 3, 2018: Morris Community School (Classes held at Morristown High School)
Computer Programming with Ozobot, Makey Makey, and Scratch 2.0 (Ages 6-12)
In this exciting new program, robotics and coding will become elementary! Have fun expanding your horizons with the help of Ozobot – the tiny smart robot. Imagine, a learning toy that opens the doors of computer science, STEM education, robotics and coding with simple color-coded commands and “Ozoblockly,” a coding language powered by Google’s Blocky program. Students will use markers, tablets and laptops for coding.
- March 4, 2018: Middlesex County College OPEN HOUSE 1:00-4:00.
Come and check out the unique enrichment programs for kids
- March 10 & 17, 2018: Raritan Valley College,
Motorized Lego Maker Machines 9:00-2:00
Each day students are given one or more real-world or simulated problems. Students then design and construct solutions to these problems using a wide assortment of motorized Lego mechanisms. At the same time, students learn about machines, gears, robotics forces and motion, physics concepts and more. All students take home a LEGO project designed and made in class.
- April 5 & 6, 2018, 9:00-4:00 (daily): Raritan Valley College, Spring Break Program
Chemical Magic Plus – Get ready for a fun-filled “magical” laboratory experience Harry Potter style. Enjoy making Flubber, Silly Putty, Super Hi- Bounce balls, and more. Have fun making light inside of a glow bottle, a mushroom monster, play dough, and Glowing Goo. We will create polymers and lava lamp-like blobs. We will also demonstrate the Big Bang Cannon, diet Coke and Mentos Geyser, Magic Genie in the bottle, and more. All students take home a mini- chemistry kit & recipe booklet. Please bring a 100% white cotton T- shirt to class. Ages 6-12. Bring lunch and snack.
SUMMER 2018: Where can you find our programs and classes this summer?
More schedule information to come!
- Allaire County Day Camp allairecountrydaycamp.com
- Bergen Community College
- Franklin Township Recreation
- Health Quest of Flemington, NJ
- Libraries: Look for our program at public libraries
- Mercer County College, West Windsor, NJ
- Middlesex County College
- Randolph Community School
- Raritan Valley College
- Sparta Recreation
- Sussex Community College
- Union County College, Cranford, NJ
- Warren Community College